Rita's Tea Room, NS Tour
Enjoy warm hospitality, leisurely lunches, and home-style goodies (including our popular oat cakes) at Rita’s Tea Room in Big Pond on beautiful Cape Breton Island. Rita’s Tea Room is situated in a converted one-room schoolhouse which was originally built in 1939. Cape Breton singer/songwriter Rita MacNeil lived there for a few years inviting many people to drop by for a cup of tea – a well known Cape Breton tradition. This is how the idea of a tea room transpired. The tea room also displays awards and photographs from Rita's remarkable career. Before you leave don’t forget to browse through Rita’s Gift Shop for unique gift ideas.
You'll enjoy the ride with our tour guides taking you to all the great places Cape Breton has to offer!
Some of the things you can expect during the ride!
- Non-Smoking Enviroment!
- Clean, comfortable mini-van,
- Experienced drivers,
- Fully Licensed and Insured
- Clean and presentable tour guides,
- Punctual, with your departure from shore a priority!
- Featured Destinations include all admission fees or tolls!
- Safe and sound is how we like our passengers. Our drivers obey speed limits.